Glenn R. Lussky
Phone: 608-406-0608 (mobile)
Web page: mw-wx-forensics.com
M.S. Meteorology – University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1983
B.S. Meteorology – University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1980
Nov 1994 – current: Meteorologist in Charge, National Weather Service (NWS), La Crosse, WI
Jun 1991 – Nov 1994: Deputy Meteorologist in Charge/Science and Operations Officer, National Weather Service, Minneapolis, MN
Jun 1989 – Jun 1991: Training Development Meteorologist, National Weather Service, WSR-88D Operational Support Facility, Norman, OK
Oct 1984 – Jun 1989: Meteorologist, National Weather Service, Western Region Headquarters, Scientific Services Division, Salt Lake City, UT
Jan 1984 – Oct 1984: Research Specialist, Center for Climatic Research, UW-Madison
Jan 1982 – Dec 1983: Research Assistant, Center for Climatic Research, UW-Madison
Jun 1981 – Dec 1981: Teaching Assistant, Department of Meteorology, UW-Madison
Over 40 published papers in professional peer-reviewed journals, conference abstracts and internal National Weather Service publications, including lead authorship of two national NWS Service Assessments.
• Provided editorial review for many National Weather Service Western Region publications from 1985-1989.
• Provided editorial review for a number of articles submitted for publication to the American Meteorological Society.
• Provided editorial oversight for papers or documents prepared by the staff of the National Weather Service offices in La Crosse (1994-2017) and Minneapolis (1991-1994)
Numerous presentations regarding weather and climate issues to schools, groups, clubs, businesses, and other entities.
Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Meteorological Analysis and Data Interpretation
• Logic-based Presentation and Communication Skills
• Strong Writing Skills
• Meteorological Training Development and Instruction
• Personnel and Program Leadership
• Personnel and Administrative Management
Confidential professional references are available upon request.